:

celebrating the glories of eating in brooklyn. from the gut.

Monday, July 17, 2006

BBC Films My Block

So this is kinda cool. Yesterday a crew from the BBC came out to film my quiet, yet glorious corner of Bed Stuy. They wanted to see the work we had done to beautify the block for one of their gardening shows on BBC2 in the U.K. One of my neighbors was interviewed as she gave the presenter a tour of our block showing off our window boxes, whiskey barrels and treepits.

After the shoot, we gave the presenter a tour of our brownstone and garden and he was really impressed I must say by all the original detail we have (plaster moldings, woodwork, parquet floors, fireplaces etc.) He said in England most of the original stuff has been taken out, which I know is not true because I lived there and saw plenty of houses with original craftsmanship. But as the saying goes, the grass is always greener. We're hoping they'll come back for a home show!

Here's a few old photos of parts of the interior. A lot has changed since I took these. I apologize for the poor quality.





1 Comments:

Blogger meresy_g said...

The woodwork and floors are awesome. I love the decoration on the walls too. What awesome detail! What fun to redo! Where is the chandelier room that I dreamt about?

1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home