:

celebrating the glories of eating in brooklyn. from the gut.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

A D'Vine Surprise

I've walked by D'Vine Taste on Park Slope's busy 7th Avenue a few times, but it never drew me in. It always looked to me like it was for the "trade," not the general public. It had an almost institutional feel from the outside.

Last weekend a man demonstrating in the shop window the wonderful virtues of dried figs brought be across the threshold.

Once inside, I was impressed by the vast array of international gourmet foods. From olive oils to Middle Eastern specialties and sliced meats, they have the gourmet basics covered. I was particularly impressed by the cheese selection which reminded me of Zabar's.

D'Vine certainly makes an excellent supplement to shopping at Keyfood and other grocery stores. As Only the Blog Knows Brooklyn noted in October, D'Vine has expanded into the neighboring shop. This is another spot to add to the growing number of organic and gourmet food shops in Brooklyn.

D'Vine taste is located 150 7th Avenue. 718- 369-9548.

1 Comments:

Blogger meresy_g said...

So what are the wonderful virtues of dried figs?

9:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home