:

celebrating the glories of eating in brooklyn. from the gut.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Burgers at Soda Bar

Just a quick word about the burgers at Soda Bar -- they're great.

Slightly hungover Saturday morning (or was it afternoon?), I was craving a burger to help cure me and a place that wasn't too bright. The light would hurt my eyes. When I got there the amicable bartender was playing the Cure from his iPod. Hangover bliss.

Soda Bar is a sprawling space on Vanderbilt Avenue in Prospect Heights. They even have a large outdoor seating area. I find that the space looses interest and focus so I prefer to eat at the bar or at one of the tables in the front.

For about $6.00 you get a sizable burger that is charred to near perfection. I also opted for the greasy onion rings for $3.50. The dough was fried nice and crispy while the onion was heated up to release just the right amount of sweetness. Most of the draft beers, except some of the pricier imports like Belgium's Delirium Tremens (overrated if you ask me), are $3.00.

This is the perfect place for the day after a bender or perhaps for one as well.

Soda Bar is located at 629 Vanderbilt Avenue. 718-230-8393

1 Comments:

Blogger meresy_g said...

mmmmmm.....onion rings.

1:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home