:

celebrating the glories of eating in brooklyn. from the gut.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

One Girl Cookies Revisited

I've written about One Girl Cookies before, but admittedly I didn't have a chance to try any of their cookies. I was just instantly taken with the place.

Last weekend my sister and her husband were visiting, stopping over on their way to Boston where they just moved from Philadelphia. After our brunch at Bar Tabac, we stumbled onto One Girl Cookies again.

With baby blue walls, chocolate brown accents and funky wallpaper, it was love at first site for my sister. If she could have her way, her home would be decorated similarly. One of the owners (the other owner is her husband) explained how their interior designers went for a modern look, but managed to blend the old. They use vintage photos as a marketing technique and for labels.

As we sat there eating our cookies and having yet more coffee, another story of old and new unfolded. A former owner of the building came in with her family. After reading a recent review, she wanted to see what had become of the place. She brought a yellowing photo of the building in the early 1960s. Naturally the current owners scanned it in for future use.

We enjoyed watching the meeting of old and new, as we devoured half-dollar sized chocolate chip cookies, coconut macaroons and unbeatable pumpkin whoopee pies with cream cheese filling.

1 Comments:

Blogger meresy_g said...

I think I'd like it just for the decor. I loved the website. Very Martha.

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home