:

celebrating the glories of eating in brooklyn. from the gut.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Brooklyn Heights Promenade and Dumbo


I do realize that photos of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan skyline are cliched, but I had fun taking these with my new point and shoot digital. I took these on Sunday afternoon. The last few are of installation art in Dumbo. The woman with the writing on her body invited people to write slurs they themselves have been called on her body with a Sharpie. Warning: there are some nasty words.

In other news, Jacques Torres appears to be open on Sundays now and they have a separate stand set up for their luscious hot chocolate.

3 Comments:

Blogger meresy_g said...

What kind of camera did you get? I could look at a million pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge. I wish they still built bridges like that. And aren't Sharpies toxic? That probably wasn't very smart.

10:33 AM

 
Blogger EFB said...

It's a Cannon powershot. I was thinking about the Sharpie too. I think she had people use a sharpie because of its permanence. Crazy I know, but I think it's supposed to symbolize the lasting impact degrading slurs can have on people. At least that's my interpretation.

2:00 PM

 
Blogger meresy_g said...

I'm pretty sure slurs aren't carcinogenic though.

9:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home